Apply Now

Apply Now

Freshmen Students

You are considered a freshman student if you have never attended a U.S. college or university.

Required Items

  • $75 application fee
  • Secondary school academic records
  • English proficiency (not required for ESL students)
  • Affidavit of support and financial statements

Transfer Students

You are considered a transfer student if you have or are currently attending another U.S. college or university.

Required Items

  • $75 application fee
  • Secondary school academic records
  • Official transcripts from all U.S. colleges/universities you have attended
  • English proficiency (not required for ESL students)
  • Affidavit of support and financial statements
  • Dixie State University transfer form
Note: Students with 24+ U.S. college credits do not need to provide secondary school records or English proficiency scores.

Out of Country

Application Deadlines

Jul 1

Fall Semester

Nov 1

Spring Semester

May 1

Summer Semester

Apply for Summer & Fall

International Student Scholarships


  • 1. Pay the application fee

    The application fee is $75. After your application is submitted, you will be emailed with instructions on how to pay the fee.

  • 2. Affidavit of Support and Financial Statements

    If a sponsor will be providing you with money for tuition, fees, and living expenses, they must complete the Affidavit of Support. You may have multiple sponsors but each sponsor will need to complete a separate form. You will also need to provide the sponsor’s bank statements for at least the last three months. The available amount shown on the statements must be equal to at least $22,450 USD.

  • 3. Secondary School Academic Records

    If you are interested in receiving the international Freshmen Merit Scholarship. You must submit a complete transcript or all scores from a secondary school exit examination. However, If you are not interested in receiving the scholarship, you may submit a diploma. We evaluate all secondary school records within the International Student Services office, so you will not need to use a credential evaluation company.

  • 4. College/University Transcripts

    Students transferring from a U.S. institution must submit their official transcripts to Dixie State University. Please send the transcript directly to the Registrar’s Office at If an official transcript cannot be sent electronically, please have it mailed to:

    Registrar’s Office

    Dixie State University
    225 S. University Ave.
    Saint George, UT 84770

    Transferring from a foreign institution? You will need to send your transcript to a credential evaluation service. After you pay a small fee, they will verify that your course work is equivalent to course work taken at a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S. You will also need to provide a certified English translation of the course descriptions for courses to be evaluated properly. Otherwise, all credits will be transferred as elective credit. We recommend using the World Education Service. If a different company is used, Dixie State University will have to further examine the foreign credits which will delay the admission process.

    Note: Dixie State University does not require that students submit foreign college/university transcripts, nor do we guarantee that the credits will transfer.
  • 5. Passport

    Provide a color copy of your passport.

  • 6. English Proficiency (Note required for ESL Students)

    If English is not your primary language, you must prove English proficiency by submitting one of the scores listed below:

    • TOEFL – 68+
    • IELTS – 6.0+
    • ACT English score of 17+
    • SAT Writing/Language Score of 24+ (Old SAT – 410+)

    If your scores are lower than the scores listed above, you can only be issued an I-20 for ESL. If you do begin with ESL classes, you can also pursue a degree after completing ESL.

  • 7. Transfer Form (Only required for students who are transferring from a U.S. college/university)

    Complete and submit the International Transfer Form to the International Student Services Office.

I need to find…